Thursday, November 7, 2013

Bye Bye Bye

Babies.  They’re all cute, tiny and snuggly. They steal your heart the first time you lay eyes on them.

What everyone doesn’t really tell you is what they do to you after they are here, especially when you have two close in age (Ours are a little less than 22 months apart).   I’m sure most mamas can relate.  The extra skin, the foggy “baby brain”, the bags under your eyes and sometimes you even come up with weird random allergies after you have them (Bye Bye Seafood) .  It’s all 100% worth it though!



After my son was born, I lost all but around 10 pounds.  I was really motivated because my (now) husband and I got married right before our son’s 1st birthday.  We got pregnant with Olivia right after our wedding.   I was on bed rest most of my pregnancy and while I didn't gain that much weight (25 pounds the day I delivered, same with my son) I’m still working to get rid of it.

Our Wedding Day

I breastfed my daughter for 6 months (She had major allergies and I couldn't survive on bland turkey and rice anymore) and the entire time I was pregnant and right after I had her, all I heard was “if you breastfed, you’ll lose that weight so fast”.   I didn't lose a single pound, not even after I stopped nursing her.   A few months ago, we joined a gym and I was working out 5 days a week and eating clean and didn't see a single change in either my measurements or on the scale.  It was extremely discouraging.  

I think (as well as my doctor, we’re just waiting for results) that it may be due to a thyroid issue.  Now 15 months into baby #2, this mama is ready to finally get rid of it.  So it’s back to the drawing board. Back to square one.  Someday I would like to have a baby # 3 someday, I know, call me crazy.  I don’t want to have to worry about packing on even more weight.

The sad thing is, I could hardly find a single photo of myself since having my daughter and barely any since having my son.  I don't want that.  I know that I'm the main photographer, but it's alarming that there are absolutely no photos, and I don't even think we've taken a family photo taken in the past 15 months.

So it’s off to the gym for us tomorrow and back to water, veggies galore and lean protein and protein shakes (If I can ever find one that's not processed anywhere near shellfish and without iodine).

Every week, I'm going to come up with a few "goals" I have in mind for myself.   I'll report back at the end of the week on what goals I accomplished.

For this week, my goals are:

  1. Drink more water
  2. Start Chalean Extreme 
  3. Go to the Gym twice

No comments:

Post a Comment