Thursday, March 28, 2013

Just a Simple Haircut.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11160749/?claim=xywkz8fr859">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
It really is the little things in life that can make the biggest impact on you and your mental well being. 
I don’t know what it is, whether it’s the fact that winter here in Buffalo is so long or the lack of adult interaction that comes along with being a stay at home mom, but I’ve been in the biggest funk this winter.  I haven’t been able to shake it all winter and have been feeling very blah and have felt my self esteem drop.
DSC_1007
This past week my wonderful mother-in-law has been staying with us and I decided to take advantage of the babysitter and went to get my first haircut in 6 months!  I decided to try a new to me place that I hear advertised all the time.  I went to Chez Ann Salon in the ‘Burbs.   It’s on Main Street in Williamsville in the Walker Centre.

This inside is amazing and the staff was awesome.  They were able to fit me in on short notice. My hairstylist Ashley D. was amazing.  She gave me a quick little tour and brought me into one of their treatment rooms so that she could work on my unruly (and extremely bushy and overgrown) eyebrows.  For the first time in years, they actually looked amazing and match.  I usually just go to the ladies at the nail salon, and now I won’t be going anywhere else but Chez Ann.
Next she lead me to the shampoo area and talked to me about what I wanted to do with my hair.  I was so fed up with it and told her that I was contemplating chopping it all off to my chin.  Luckily she talked me down from the ledge and told me about what she would do to take some weight out and trim up the dead ends.   Then she had me lean back and gave me an awesome scalp massage before she started shampooing my hair and massaged some more while shampooing.  That is probably one of my favorite parts of getting my hair cut, I would love to have someone wash my hair everyday like that.
Next up came the hair cut.  She talked to me the whole time and it wasn’t awkward like most haircuts. Step by step she told me what she was doing to my hair and explained different things to me that could help me out everyday.
I was amazed when she finished and I saw the final product. My hair looked and felt so much healthier and lighter.  It made me wish that I had somewhere to go.  She did an amazing job.
DSC_0571
The point of this post, is that this little hair cut left me motivated and feeling so much better about myself.  I woke up the next morning and was ready to do something, anything.  I feel like a million dollars and all it took was a little hair cut.  Now if only Punxsutawney Phil wasn’t such a little liar, and spring would show up already.  It better be gone by my birthday!

1 comment: