Sunday, January 26, 2014

DIY: Kids Room Art

While my husband was off on a ski weekend, I got a little crafty.  I made a few picture ledges (all by myself) and I cannot wait to show you those once I get them hung on the wall.  I also did a quick (cheap) canvas craft for the kids room.



It was so simple.

I just used some paper punches (which I got 50% off at Hobby Lobby), some scrapbook paper, a canvas and Mod Podge.  I think the whole craft (including the punches) cost me $10.

All I did was use the punches to cut hearts and some starbursts out of the scrapbook paper. 
Then I put some Mod Podge (I use the Matte kind) on the canvas with a brush and just placed on the hearts and starburst randomly.


Once it dried, I covered the whole thing in a layer of Mod Podge.



This is how it looked when it was all dry.

Easy Peasy! I plan on putting it in with the kids gallery wall along with  few other DIY canvas projects I have up my sleeve.



Have you ever used Mod Podge before?  I think I’m a little obsessed with it right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment