Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February Goals

I’m a list maker. If you look around my house there are a ton of lists everywhere! 
I thought that I would start sharing my monthly goals here on the blog to help hold myself accountable. So here are my February Goals and some sneak peaks of things that I’ve been working on.
  • Gym 4 days a week – Pretty self explanatory.  I plan on trying to get into the gym 4 days a week and then working out at home 2 days a week and having an active rest day.
  • Take at least 1 new class at the gym this month-  I’d like to take some classes, but don’t know which to pick so I thought that if I started taking a new classes every month, I might find one that I’ll fall in love with.
  • Finish the kids room-  I want to get the kids room finished.  It’ll be nice to finally have one room in our house completed.
  • Only use cloth diapers -  We’ve fallen into the trap that I think a lot of families do at one point or another in their cloth diapering journey.  We’ve been using disposables since before Christmas and it’s getting expensive especially when we have enough cloth here to diaper a small army of babies.
  • Self Care- Do one thing for only me a week. Whether it’s finally using my massage I got for Christmas two years ago, or taking a bath or getting my nails done.  I’m hoping to get better at this self care thing.
  • No Un-Necessary Spending – Self explanatory. This mama needs to stay out of Target and it’s dollar bins.
  • Have a Girls Night-  I’m hoping to go out and have a girls night.  I think my sister in law and I might go to the Polar Bites benefiting our zoo in a couple of weeks.
  • Be consistent with a “schedule”  for the kids- I oon’t mean a strict schedule, but my kids do so much better when they have a bit of a routine and I think it’ll help our life out a lot.  Plus it will be easier now that we’re really starting our home preschool with Jordan. He needs something to keep him mentally stimulated as he’s very bright for his age.
Those are my goals for the month.  Come back next month for my new goals and to see how I did with these ones!

Here’s some of the projects I’ve been working lately!




Do you set goals for yourself? Do you stick to them?

2 comments:

  1. Your goals really resonate with me - self care has been one of my big goals for this year and it has been so worth it!
    I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old and having a loose schedule has made this winter so much better! I'd love to see some of your ideas for your Jordan, I could use some fresh ideas! =)
    That canvas is great!! I have two blank canvases waiting for ideas, and I love that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't realize how important self-care was until I was having a hard time being "happy". Now that I've been taking more time to take care of myself, I'm in a much better mood.

      There's a ton of canvas ideas on Pinterest too! That's where I got my idea from. It was so simple, all I used was a paint pen, so much easier than painting it with a paint brush. I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

      I plan on doing a kid "routine" type post next week, so keep an eye out for it!

      Delete